Experienced and innovative law enforcement professional with proven track record of accomplishment. Currently the CEO of ACS, a small business founded in 2014, formerly the Chief of Police for the City of Hamtramck from April of 2012 – March of 2015, a licensed private investigator, and a part time lecturer and consultant. Through his career he has accomplished many things. He served as a patrol sergeant, a lieutenant, and a special response team commander for the Hamtramck Police Department. During his time in these various assignments he has been trained in and taught firearms instruction and tactics including special response. He has attended an extensive list of specialized schooling and professional development classes including Northwestern University’s Supervision of Police Personnel, Fire I & II, and many more.
Over the years he has been honored by many organizations including the Yemeni American Committee, Bangladesh Association of Michigan, the Hamtramck Police Department on numerous occasions, the Wayne County Commission, and even the Inspector General of Bangladesh.
He is currently an active member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police, the South Eastern Michigan Association of Chiefs of Police, the Wayne County Association of Chiefs of Police, and a member of the Police Executive Research Forum.
Academically, he has achieved an associate’s degree from Macomb Community College, a bachelors of arts in criminal justice from the University of Detroit Mercy, and a law degree from the University Of Detroit Mercy School Of Law.
He has always been very involved in the community & local government, and very often can be found attending events such as block clubs, festivals, and generally anything else that may be happening around town.
- Wayne County Commission Certificate of Congratulations for outstanding service in District 3
- Common Word Alliance Award for Service to the City of Hamtramck
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Yemeni American Committee for service to the Yemeni Community of Michigan
- Hamtramck Sports Council Appreciation Award for Support of the Community
- Yemeni American Heritage Association Award for Service to Residents of Hamtramck
- Plaque in Appreciation From the Commissioner of the Rashahee Metropolitan Police
- Plaque in Appreciation From the Inspector General of Bangladesh
- Plaque in Appreciation From the Principle of the Bangladesh Police Academy, Sardah, Rajshahi
- The Youth Connection Trophy “Chief’s Cooking for Kids”
- The Youth Connection Special Recognition “Chief’s Cooking for Kids”
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Book Award
- Hamtramck Police Department Award and Citation’s
- Hamtramck Police Departmental Commendation’s
- Hamtramck Police Department Unit Citation’s
- Yemeni American Leadership Association Award for Service to Hamtramck
- Bangladesh Association of Michigan Plaque in Appreciation of Devoted Time and Efforts
ICITAP MISSION TO BANGLADESH
HAMTRAMCK PUBLIC LIBRARY HALL OF FAME
Police, Community Leader, Local Activist, Hamtramck.